With the best interests of our patients and staff in mind,
as of March 21st. 2020:
Due to the ongoing concerns of COVID-19, Hearing Services of Virginia will be temporally closed as of March 21, 2020.
We are in the process of reaching out to patients on the schedule. You will be receiving a voice mail and/or email to update your appointment time. If you have an appointment through a VA service program, please contact the scheduling organization for your new appointment date/time. If you do not have that phone number, please contact the office at 757-962-2326 and leave a message. We will assist you with that information.
For urgent concerns, please call 757-962-2326 (leave a message) and/or contact Dr. Molly at her email and/or Facebook messenger on our Hearing Services of Virginia page.
An urgent hearing related emergency is defined as the following:
- Hearing aid(s) not functioning, and you are UNABLE to communicate without it/them. Contact Dr. Molly and instructions will be provided.
- A dome stuck in your ear canal
- A sudden change in your hearing
What is NOT an emergency:
- Hearing aid cleanings
- Hearing aid(s) not pairing to your cell phone or accessory
- Hearing aid programming optimizations
- Batteries/supplies- please email Dr. Molly or leave a voice mail on the office phone.
- If you are having issues with phone pairing, we can arrange to discuss this over the phone or provide a phone number for your hearing aid manufacturer.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate through this time. We are looking forward to getting back to normal as soon as possible.
Stay Healthy and safe –
Dr. Molly Howlett and Staff