What to Expect
What to ExpectWe want your visit with us to be as stress free as possible. Here’s a little bit about what you can expect when you do finally make the decision to come in and see us!
- We’ll begin by taking a detailed history. We’ll ask a series of questions about your medical, work and personal life as it relates to your ears and your hearing.
- The next step is a physical examination of your ears. Using the latest technology, we’ll perform a thorough examination of your ears for any physical condition that might indicate a need for a medical referral.
- Impedance Audiometry gives us an idea how well the eardrum, the middle ear bones and a few of your ears reflexes are working.
- What you think of as the “hearing test” begins with Pure-tone Audiometry. Your hearing levels are measured by presenting your hearing system with pure tones (beeps). We measure how loud the sound has to be before you’re aware there is a sound.
- Speech Audiometry is done because we don’t want to know just how loud you need a sound to be to hear it, but how well you understand words once they’re loud enough to hear.